Friday, November 14, 2008

Yes, I Am Going To Make A Turkey On & For Thanksgiving!

Yes, I plan to make a turkey for Thanksgiving! - LOL!

I'm still quite in love with the turkey that I made last year because it came out so great! I was sad to see it go!

I didn't have hardly any experience with making a turkey but I wanted to do so so badly so what I did was watch some of the cooking shows and take notes. I watched both Rachel Ray and Emeril's Thanksgiving-related cooking shows to get ideas and help! I'm glad that I watched those shows because they gave (and showed) me a lot of good things to do!

I haven't yet bought my turkey for this Thanksgiving yet but hope to do so by next week! My local grocery store is having a promotion where you'll get a free Thanksgiving turkey if you buy a certain dollar amount of groceries!

The timing of buying everything gets me kind of stressed because I don't want to buy the produce and vegetable too early! Have you ever been at the supermarket just a few days before Thanksgiving? It's a crazy time!

I plan on having a Thanksgiving turkey, along with stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beens, rolls and sweet potatoe pie! I'm not too much a fan of gravy but it seems easy to make so I may try to make some. I have never been a fan of cranberry sauce!

I just would like to take the whole day and spend it first by preparing my turkey and watching the Thanksgiving parade on TV.



Update!

I did manage to have everything that I mentioned above!

I I bought my turkey the day before Thanksgiving but I had a great time! Yes the supermarket was crowded and yes there were a lot of people shopping on the day before Thanksgiving but everybody seemed to be in a good and friendly mood! (Although I have to mention that I couldn't wait to get home and relax!)


No comments: