Friday, October 30, 2009

My First Bakery Concoction (in a long time - LOL!)



Well, I finally did it! I baked something - for the first time in a very long time!

I just got finished baking a batch (half-dozen) of corn muffins and they came out great! I even had a couple of them for a snack!

Mind you the muffin mix was pre-packaged but it did require me to add some other ingredients - eggs and milk. Actually I was nearing the ending date for the rest of the milk that I had and I wanted to put it to good use!

It just occurred to me that I could have taken a photo of my muffins and put it on here but I'll remember to do that the next time!

Mind you, I do want to start this whole baking and cooking thing slowly and the corn muffin mix was on sale and I figured that this would be something easy that I could handle as a first start to baking!

I have to say that I loved the way that the house smelled as the muffins were baking in the oven and that's a smell that I could get very used to! Plus I have a few left over that I can have as a snack before I rush out the door in the morning!

So my first baking attempt came out very, very well!

No comments: