Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Have Been Eating A Lot More Healthier Lately!



I notice that I have been eating a lot more healthier lately! And believe me this is not by accident!


I have been eating a lot more vegetables and salads.

I have been using a lot of garden vegetables and they do require some preparation when you cook them. For instance I have been cooking kale (which is similar to greens) which requires adding additional ingredients as well. In my particular case I wash / rinse the kale thoroughly and add it to the saucepan and then fill the pot half-way with water. I then add a slice of uncooked bacon to help with the flavoring. I then cut up half an onion, about 2 cloves of garlic, 2 bay leaves and some other herbs as well including some "crackled" pepper! (I soon hope to be adding ingredients from my own garden soon! Once I have included all of my ingredients I will let the pot simmer all day! (Word of advice here though - if you plan to not be home I would suggest that you turn off anything that you are cooking! Since I work from home I can let the pot simmer all day and check on it about every 2 hours. I'll usually eat this with a nice piece of meat like baked chicken (and last week I even had some steak with it!.

I have also been eating a lot more salads lately as well! You know lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers - also celery. This also takes some time to prepare but the preparation process is something that can be relaxing as well.

Do I feel healthier? - Yes I do! - LOL!

No comments: