Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Joy Of Cooking - Why I Started This Blog

Actually I should think of it as the "rediscovered" joy of cooking.

I do remember how I liked to bake in my younger years. I have never made a pie before but I have made a few cakes and a couple of biscuits. Not too long ago (a few months) I made cornbread for the very first time.

As I got older my mother used to do all the cooking. She seemed to enjoy it very much so I let her do so. Unfortunately my mother passed away not too long ago and I have rediscovered my love of cooking!

There are some simple things that I can prepare - food-wise - like scrambled eggs and I have made rice (which is sort of an artform to make it correctly (that nobody told me!)). As far as meat goes I either bake it, fry it or make a stew and add vegegetables. Making a stew is very pleasurable to me because I don't even mind chopping up all the vegetables and food in stew form is good for you - especially during the winter.

I have also come to realize that as I get older I should be eating more healthier too. Don't get me wrong I love my "take-out" food and I will definitely continue to order out ordering my pizza's, etc....but I want to eat some healthy "junk" too!

I'm not too fond of onions but can appreciate the fact that they are good for you and I will usually add them to my stews. I have also come to appreciate the fact that there is more than just one type of onion!

I started this blog because I am sure that I am not alone in that I'm not a chef or have had years of cooking experience but am someone who has discovered that they like to cook and have discovered the joy of cooking!

No comments: